Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Performance Art

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kfHNoCzvIE

For my performance art piece, I walked around downtown blindfolded with headphones on. This visually demonstrates the way many people withdrawal from the world with technology, whether they are always connected to music in inappropriate situations, or always looking down at their phones, etc. I had friends giving me commands how and where to walk, and tried to move as naturally as possible.
Let it be known that walking around a city without being able to see anything is actually terrifying.
It was nice not knowing how people were reacting, and interesting to find out when I watched the video later. I received many weird and confused looks, but no one approached me. I almost made a biker crash once, but other than that people were able to keep a relative distance. If someone had approached me, I would have ignored them completely as if I could not hear them.
Overall, it was an interesting project and I felt that I conveyed my point. I also value my eyesight more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment