Sunday, December 9, 2012

Video Art

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYDWctmK8XM

For my video art project, I deconstructed a few of my recent concert videos. The concept is based on the idea of someone passing out at a concert: the sensory overload, the feeling that the world is moving in slow motion, blurring lines and colors, leading to an eventual white-out. My goal was to represent this while still editing and deconstructing the footage itself. The main deconstruction focussed on the audio. When you film a video at a concert, at least in my case, you do so to capture the audio to enjoy at a later time. By slowing and editing this audio, it becomes a pale imprint of the song it once was, and seems almost more like heavy breathing than an actual song. I enjoyed exploring this concept, and hope it is conveyed appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment