Sunday, September 16, 2012

Watching Carmen

I'm currently watching Carmen for the essay we're writing, and here is what runs through my mind while doing so:

  • I never knew how many popular songs came from this Opera
  • French guy writes opera that takes place in Spain and they all speak french.
  • I enjoyed this part when Hey Arnold did it
  • Are children common in Opera?
  • boobs.
  • Jose has mommy issues an Micaela is doing nothing to help with them. That kiss was way too seductive to be delivered from his mother...
  • That was a very intense kiss on the forehead
  • I really like that Carmen just charged into a mob of 30 girls with nothing but her fists
  • Whoa they're actually not singing. I thought that wasn't a thing in opera?
  • It's like how girls nowadays cry their way out of traffic tickets
  • boobs boobs boobs
  • They acknowledge that she's singing? Isn't that sort of breaking the 4th wall?
  • legs
  • Goddamn it Jose
  • HA was the chair supposed to break?
  • Somewhere, mere feet from the stage, there are a group of stage crew members having a collective panic attack because they need to find a new chair.
  • Yet another song I didn't know was from Carmen!
  • These people really throw around the word love...
  • I am pretty surprised by the amount of talking.
  • That doesn't look like a comfortable way to sing
  • After all this singing there's no way he's not late for that retreat.
  • He is sobbing into a flower. I'm not finding very much respect for this character.
  • She's not a very understanding woman.
  • How I love epic end-of-act finales
  • Where has Micaela been?
  • But WHAT are they smuggling? I suppose it isn't relevant to the plot, but curiosity...
  • I love these costumes. Simple, unlike the eccentric style that has come to be associated with Opera. But still lovely and beautiful.
  • Is it weird the way Micaela uses Jose's mom to get to Jose, or is it just me?
  • Jose just got really fucking creepy.
  • Also he looks like a hot mess.
  • I RECOGNIZE THIS ONE TOO
  • Jose has really let himself go
  • Why do children like bullfighting so much? I think it's a pretty upsetting sport, at any age.
  • This is the best Carmen has looked the entire time.
  • Goddamn it she's finally happy and honest and she's about to die.
  • There are people blaring pop music next door. Don't they know I'm busy becoming less of an uncultured swine?
  • I will forever regret not seeing this when the tour came to Philly last year.
  • He's really not getting the message here.
  • NO MEANS NO GODDAMN IT this is really creeping me out.
  • How many times does she have to say it?
  • This is the part where you run Carmen.
  • runrunrun
  • So many opportunities to get away. But then I guess this wouldn't be a tragedy.
  • I wonder if there is a new ring for every day, or if some stage crew member has to find it each night.
  • And now there's necrophilia.
  • Italian women plays Spanish woman who speaks French. Just another day in Europe?
  • That was fun! Now, essay time...

No comments:

Post a Comment